The Church Hall
The hall stands opposite the church in Church Street.
It was originally the first village school, with the land having been acquired in 1833. Built in the same local stone as the church nave, it was rebuilt in 1835.
It is a building that blends in well with the character of old Bidford.
The building, with the adjacent Teacher's Cottage, was bought by the Vicar and Churchwardens in 1907. It continued as a school until about 1950 and is now used exclusively as a meeting hall, owned and managed by a charity, The Bidford Church Cottage Trust, of which the Vicar and Churchwardens are the managing Trustees.
As well as serving the church, it is also available for community use and many groups, including Guides and Brownies, St John Ambulance, the Bidford Community Group and Aikido Club, regularly use the facilities.
Following extensive refurbishment in 2004, the hall now offers modern facilities and is well used for private functions, particularly children's parties.
Although it is almost fully booked for weekday evenings, enquiries for bookings, including current charges, may be made by email to the Bookings Secretary at the address shown below.
Booking enquiries should be addressed to Midge Kennedy on firstname.lastname@example.org